Monday, January 23, 2012

A long run fuelled by Wild Boar burger!

The start of my first full week at work in at least 6 weeks was a busy one, but made more interesting than most, by being taken to lunch by a very generous supplier. 


We were treated to a meal at the Ferry Inn in Wilford, right next to the pedestrian / bike bridge that I ride or run over when I don't drive to work. Its menu is quite adventurous and I picked what looked like the most tasty / unusual option - Wild Boar Burger, with plum chutney. It was very tasty - quite beef-like and with a big bun and portion of chips, it left me very full and tired for the rest of the day. 


This evening run today was a memorable one - it was just James, Kieran, Stuart and I. We headed down into Arnold at quite a fast pace for the boys (first 5K in under 28 mins) and then turned towards Nottingham city centre and ran all the way up Mansfield Rd to the bottom of Woodborough Rd, where we turned for home. 


About half way up Woodborough Road, which happens to be near the main red light district in Nottingham (so I've heard), I took my phone out of my pocket and noticed that it was saying we'd been 14 miles, when I knew at that point we were at 6! RunKeeper continued to log extra miles all the way home and when I checked the map, it seemed to have been literally double counting the distance (making it look like we were constantly zig zagging across the road from side to side as we ran. 


The boys did brilliantly to make it all the way home, for a final distance of 10.13 miles (not 20+ as my phone said), making it the longest run that both of them have ever done, and if we carry on adding half a mile a week, they'll be doing half marathons very soon!


Tomorrow I'm playing squash at lunchtime, so it will be a shorter run in the evening. 


As you can probably tell from the much shorter post tonight, I'm really, really tired, so I'm going to sign off with a summary of the year so far.



Running: 147.85 miles
Walking: 19.92 miles
Cycling: 84.12 miles
Swimming: 0 miles
Total: 251.89 miles
Running streak: 62 days (started 23/11/2011)

1 comment:

  1. Lunch sounded good! Double points on Runkeeper, even better!

    ReplyDelete