Friday, January 27, 2012

Another fun run, another new running neighbour...

As #Janathon winds down, I'm starting to think more about whether I'll keep blogging after it's over, and if I do, when I'll write and what I'll write about. 


I definitely think new running team members will be worth writing about, especially when it's someone who I've lived about 20 yards from, for nearly 10 years!


That someone is "Paul Across The Road",  who I've known for a while used to be a runner, but tonight was the first time that I've ever really had a proper chat with him, about running, or anything else (pretty shocking really when we've lived yards apart for years, but I guess that's the modern way). 


Paul joined Andy Next Door and I for a very enjoyable run tonight - Andy and I were ready a bit earlier than planned, so warmed up with jog along the road to the rugby club and back. Once we set off with Paul, the pace slowed a bit, but we were able to have a really nice chat and talk about our running past (I don't have one, Paul has run a lot in, including half marathons in the past) and plans - Paul is aiming to do the Robin Hood half marathon in September this year and so will be stepping up his training a lot. 


Andy and I ended up running about 4.5 miles with Paul and 6.7 total, and have already set another date (Tuesday next week) to run together as a threesome at least - unless we can convince any other neighbours to join us before then!

Earlier today I had another successful squash match against Deadly Doug - which ended in another fairly comfortable victory, so I've somehow managed to go the whole month of January unbeaten. I suspect February may be less successful if Darren, my squash nemesis decides to challenge me to a match (he's just back from the longest holiday, ever, and seemed to fancy a game when we talked earlier). 



Tomorrow it's Colwick Parkrun in the morning of course, and I'm really hoping to help Kieran to break his 5K PB - he is very keen to do it, and his speedy new shoes should definitely help!


In the afternoon, weather permitting, I'm planning a short bike ride with the boys and Ellie & Stu, before hosting a curry night here in the evening (I'm cooking!).


With 4 days of January to go, I've already set records for miles of running and calories burned, and I think there's a very good chance I'll hit 200 miles and 300 total by the end of the month. 


Totals so far: 



Running: 176.91 miles
Walking: 22.51 miles
Cycling: 84.12 miles
Swimming: 0 miles
Total: 283.54 miles
Running streak: 66 days (started 23/11/2011)




No comments:

Post a Comment