Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another successful run to work...

Running to work is becoming a more regular and more successful part of the routine now. 

After totally wearing myself out on one run to work last week, and Ellie forgetting to leave her laptop at work the night before (and having to run with it in rucksack), on the other run, today we both managed to remember everything and not go too fast on the way there. We also had another companion on our run in - Stuart (Ellie's husband and my most accomplished training partner), had the day off, but decided to run in with us anyway. 

Although we left slightly earlier today, it's already becoming lighter in the morning, and I managed to get one half-decent picture while running along Wilford Bridge. 

Monet-style dawn view of the Trent...


When we got to work (5 miles from Ellie & Stu's), we bade Stu farewell and as far as we knew, he was running straight back. 

As it turned out, Stu didn't run straight home, he decided to go a more scenic route back, and ended up doing an 8-miler, meaning he'd done a half marathon before breakfast!

I then spent a lot of the rest of the day at work eating (apart from a quick walk to Tesco to get more food), and felt more than ready for the run home, which Ellie and I had already decided would be a "scenic route" one too so we didn't end up with fewer miles for the day than Stu. 

As it turned out, we ended up "only" doing 7.2 miles on the way home, not quite matching Stu, but still a good total for the day. 

This evening has been quieter than many, as for once, I haven't been out for a run! After doing #Pressupathon and #Situpathon this morning, it was time for #Plankaday, which ended up being another massive record! 


Another #Plankaday record!

I was very happy with my time, even though it wasn't even half the crazy 14 minutes that fellow Twitter planker @Dunsrunner managed today!

Tomorrow I'm playing squash at lunchtime, and then for the first time tomorrow evening, I'll be going for a run with "Paul Across The Road" (Andy Next Door can't make it), plus of course I'll be attempting another plank, though I'm not expecting another record.

Here's how the year looks now...

Running: 170.2 miles
Walking: 22.51 miles
Cycling: 84.12 miles
Swimming: 0 miles
Total: 276.83 miles
Running streak: 65 days (started 23/11/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment